“Don’t you know that slavery was outlawed?”
“No,” the guard said, “you’re wrong. Slavery was outlawed with the exception of prisons. Slavery is legal in prisons.”
I looked it up and sure enough, she was right. The Thirteenth Amendment to the Constitution says:
“Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.”
Well, that explained a lot of things. That explained why jails and prisons all over the country are filled to the brim with Black and Third World people, why so many Black people can’t find a job on the streets and are forced to survive the best way they know how. Once you’re in prison, there are plenty of jobs, and, if you don’t want to work, they beat you up and throw you in a hole. If every state had to pay workers to do the jobs prisoners are forced to do, the salaries would amount to billions… Prisons are a profitable business. They are a way of legally perpetuating slavery. In every state more and more prisons are being built and even more are on the drawing board. Who are they for? They certainly aren’t planning to put white people in them. Prisons are part of this government’s genocidal war against Black and Third World people."
No one asks me questions and i feel like y’all don’t really know who i am so imma force it on you. Peace.
1) Put your iTunes on shuffle. Give me the first 6 songs that pop up.
1. The Roots - Stomp
2. Blitz the Ambassador - Wahala
3. A Tribe Called Quest - Check the Rhime
4. Nas and Damian Marley - Leaders
5. Rage Against the Machine - Down Rodeo
6. Skyzoo - Jansport Strings
2) If you could meet anyone on this earth, who would it be? Yasiin Bey. He would have a lot to say and he is a great emcee.
3) Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 23, give me line 17.
Small sacs called vesicles can be seen coming off of the trans side
4) What do you think about most? A lot of my thinking is inspired my music, so it is often dependent on the topics of the music. Non-music-related thoughts are usually about my future, science, uni and ethics
5) What does your latest text message from someone else say? Where are you i’m hungry
6) Do you sleep with or without clothes on? Without
7) What’s your strangest talent? i have no strange talents
8) Girls…. (finish the sentence); Boys…. (finish the sentence)
Girls have 2 X chromosomes
Boys have an X chromosome and a Y chromosome
9) Ever had a poem or song written about you? Negative
10) When is the last time you played the air guitar? When i was forced to by some stupid ass relief teacher in middle school. Bitch had us dancing instead of doing anything productive.
11) Do you have any strange phobias? naw but i’m claustrophobic as fuck and dont really like heights
12) Ever stuck a foreign object up your nose? Not that i can remember, but i no doubt did when i was a child
13) What’s your religion? None. I struggle to believe in any of that even when i try. In saying that, my values and attitudes are parallel with many of those found in Christianity and Islam
14) If you are outside, what are you most likely doing? As much as i like being outside, i rarely am. Most of the time I am probably walking between inside places
15) Do you prefer to be behind the camera or in front of it? behind, i am more creative than i am good looking
16) Simple but extremely complex. Favorite band? Pass
17) What was the last lie you told? Damn i try not to lie a lot because i think it’s stupid as fuck, but i gave someone directions and they turned out to be wrong. Does that count?
18) Do you believe in karma? No. I think it is natural in some situations though, like if you go round bullying everyone, you ain’t gon have many friends. I don’t believe it to the extent some people do. They be thinkin that if they do anything wrong they gon get struck by lightning or some shit.
19) What does your URL mean? It’s the title of a song by Amir Sulaiman, off the Medinan Openings, an album that meant a lot to me. I think that whats here now is whats relevant and i try to cover relevant topics through the stuff i post.
20) What is your greatest weakness; your greatest strength? They’re probably the same thing. As i said before, i am very honest. This sometimes gets me into trouble but also keeps me out of trouble. I am also extremely passionate and driven which are strong points.
21) Who is your celebrity crush? Pass
22) Have you ever gone skinny dipping? naw
23) How do you vent your anger? I don’t. I tend not to care about a lot of the things that are going on around me because i know that there are bigger things going on. When i do find things that make me angry I can usually calm myself down by thinking logically.
24) Do you have a collection of anything? naw
25) Do you perfer talking on the phone or video chatting online? I don’t like either of em, but if i had to choose, it’d be video chatting. Talking on the phone doesn’t seem real
26) Are you happy with the person you’ve become? Yes, but who I am now, is not who i want to be in the future, so i know that i have to change myself to be what i want to be.
27) What’s a sound you hate; sound you love? I hate dubstep. I think it is odd as fuck that people listen to that shit voluntarily. I love jazz and a lot of natural sounds. The sound that Australian whip birds make is one of my favorite shits of all time.
28) What’s your biggest “what if”? I’m not that imaginative, so i tend to see the world how it is rather than how it could be
29) Do you believe in ghosts? naw
30) Stick your right arm out; what do you touch first? Nothing
31) Smell the air. What do you smell? All of the clothes and food in my room. its messy as fuck in here.
32) What’s the worst place you have ever been? Pass
33) Choose: East Coast or West Coast? East
34) Most attractive singer of your opposite gender? M.I.A
35) To you, what is the meaning of life? Life is whatever you want it to be. Whatever you are passionate about. In saying that, i think everyone should leave behind something to make the next generation better than the last.
36) Define: Art.
The expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture
37) Do you believe in luck? No
38) What’s the weather like right now? Fine, Windy.
39) What time is it? 11:02 PM
40) Do you drive? If so, have you ever crashed? Yes, no
41) What was the last book you read? A book called junkie by William Burroughs. It’s about his life and how he was addicted to junk for a lot of it.
42) Do you like the smell of gasoline? Yes but that shit fucks with your brain unfortunately
43) Do you have any nicknames? No
44) What was the last movie you saw? Django unchained. Ill as fuck.
45) What’s the worst injury you’ve ever had? Broke my tailbone a few years ago
46) Have you ever caught a butterfly? No
47) Do you have any obsessions right now? No
48) What’s your sexual orientation? Straight.
49) Ever had a rumor spread about you? Naw
50) Do you believe in magic? No
51) Do you tend to hold grudges against people who have done you wrong? Sometimes I try, but it never really works out.
52) What is your astrological sign? I’m a virgo, but you can add that to the long list of things i don’t believe in
53) Do you save money or spend it? Spend
54) What’s the last thing you purchased? Dinner from a japanese restaurant.
55) Love or lust? Love
56) In a relationship? No
57) How many relationships have you had? Two.
58) Can you touch your nose with your tongue? No
59) Where were you yesterday? Had to go on some damn field trip to look at plants.
60) Is there anything pink within 10 feet of you? No
61) Are you wearing socks right now? No
62) What’s your favorite animal? Every animal is cool, but i like bears and big cats
63) What is your secret weapon to get someone to like you? Be straight up all the time
64) Where is your best friend? Probably at home
65) Spit or swallow? Whatever
66) What is your heritage? Pass - don’t know exactly
67) What were you doing last night at 12 AM? Went clubbing
68) What do you think is Satan’s last name? Stupid question
69) Be honest. Ever gotten yourself off? Man i don’t even know what this means
70) Are you the kind of friend you would want to have as a friend? Pass
71) You are walking down the street on your way to work. There is a dog drowning in the canal on the side of the street. Your boss has told you if you are late one more time you get fired. What do you do? Fuck any boss who would fire someone for something like that.If the motherfucker fired me in that situation i wouldn’t even care - i don’t want to be working for him
72) You are at the doctor’s office and she has just informed you that you have approximately one month to live. a) Do you tell anyone/everyone you are going to die? b) What do you do with your remaining days? c) Would you be afraid?
a) I would tell a few people and let them tell other people
b) Do what i been doin
73) You can only have one of these things: trust or love. Love
74) What’s a song that always makes you happy when you hear it? Nas and Damian Marley - Count Your Blessings
75) What are the last four digits in your cell phone number? 6481
76) In your opinion, what makes a great relationship? 2 people who like each other’s company
77) How can I win your heart? Talk as little as possible and expect nothing from me
78) Can insanity bring on more creativity? Yes
79) What is the single best decision you have made in your life so far? All of ‘em
80) What size shoes do you wear? 12
81) What would you want to be written on your tombstone? I’ll be dead. Whatever my living family wants
82) What is your favorite word? Pass
83) Give me the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word:heart. Blood
84) What is a saying you say a lot? Pass.
85) What’s the last song you listened to? Pass
86) Basic question: what’s your favorite color/colors? Dark Green, brown, maroon, navy blue
87) What is your current desktop picture? A photo of a desert which i think is the Sahara
88) If you could press a button and make anyone in the world instantaneously explode, who would it be? No one
89) What would be a question you’d be afraid to tell the truth on? Pass
90) One night you wake up because you heard a noise. You turn on the light to find that you are surrounded by MUMMIES. The mummies aren’t really doing anything, they’re just standing around your bed. What do you do? If they were a threat to me, i’d kill the fools. If not, nothing.
91) You accidentally eat some radioactive vegetables. They were good, and what’s even cooler is that they endow you with the super-power of your choice! What is that power? Hands down mindreading
92) You can re-live any point of time in your life. The time-span can only be a half-hour, though. What half-hour of your past would you like to experience again? Probably the first half an hour of my final english exam last year which i fucked up pretty hard
93) You can erase any horrible experience from your past. What will it be? None
94) You have the opportunity to sleep with the music-celebrity of your choice. Who would it be? Pass
95) You just got a free plane ticket to anywhere. You have to depart right now. Where are you gonna go? Africa
96) Do you have any relatives in jail? No
97) Have you ever thrown up in the car? Yeah just the other day i drove home drunk (a short distance. Don’t do it) and i was metres away from home and threw up.
98) Ever been on a plane? Yes
99) If the whole world were listening to you right now, what would you say? Some freestyle aggressive shit about human rights and freedom and education and health and equality and racism and sexism and discrimination against poor people and governments and police and then i would probably get shot
100) Give me your top 5 favorite blogs on Tumblr.
Rhampotheca, woodendreams, shinjukubox, biocanvas, theblacknationalist